Phathutshedzo Nange: I have too much respect for Gavin Hunt to celebrate goal

Stellenbosch FC midfielder Phathutshedzo Nange says he doesn’t like to celebrate his goals against coaches he respects after netting in the 2-2 draw with Kaizer Chiefs.

READ | KAIZER CHIEFS TRIO NEAR SIGNIFICANT CLUB MILESTONES

Phathutshedzo Nange regained the lead for his side in the 80th minute of a match they led twice at the FNB Stadium before settling for a point.

The former Bidvest Wits player knows Amakhosi boss Gavin Hunt well from their time together with the Clever Boys, meaning he was respectful of his former manager when scoring.

READ | GAVIN HUNT: WE HAVE TO DO BETTER – 100 TIMES BETTER

Speaking to Sowetan, Nange, who was signed by Hunt from Black Leopards in 2019, said: “It wasn’t the first time I didn’t celebrate when I score against a coach I respect. I didn’t celebrate when I scored against TTM because the coach was (Joel) Masutha, who coached me at Leopards. We have a good relationship.

“It’s the same with coach Hunt. The man came and signed me for Wits and that changed my career for the best. I have huge respect for Hunt and I will never celebrate against him. Even if I was playing for Chiefs and he was at Stellenbosch I would not have jumped up and down in jubilation.”

Nange may well have joined Kaizer Chiefs if it were not for their FIFA transfer ban – which is close to expiring – as he was training with the club before joining Stellies.



No comments:

ads
Powered by Blogger.